67.2m (220 ft)
Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
Glass Bridge Navigation, Lutron Lighting, Entertainment control for: Saloon, Dining Room, Owner’s Office, Games Saloon, Aft Deck, Cockpit, Flybridge, Pilothouse, Gym, 4 x Guest Cabins, Owner’s Cabin and Ensuites, Crew Mess, Galley, Captain’s Cabin, Chief Engineer’s Cabin, 5 x Crew Cabins, Control Room and Engine Room.
The system provides users with easy access to multiple high definition sources via 5 Crestron Digital Media Fibre Matrixes.
11 AMX processors, 9 Crestron processors, 9 Crestron touch panels, 11 AMX touch panels.
Crestron PLC interface allows AV/Nav selection and CCTV control from Alloy Yacht’s custom bridge stations.
Audio Video Server
18 Apple TVs with 2 x Mac Pro 12-core servers.
BSS SoundWeb distribution.
Saloon Theater: Crestron Procise surround sound processor with Lexicon and Crown CTS amps, JBL Synthesis speakers and 2 x 15″ JBL Subwoofers in custom designed enclosures.
Cockpit Theater / Aft deck: 6 x JBL in-ceiling Satellite speakers, 15″ JBL Subwoofer in custom designed enclosure and removable powered Aft Deck party speakers with custom DJ inputs.
Owners: Crestron Procise surround sound processor with Lexicon and Crown CTS amps, 7 x JBL in-ceiling Satellite speakers and a 15″ JBL Subwoofer in a custom designed enclosure.
Owners Ensuite Port: 2 x Proficient 8″ in-ceiling Speakers.
Owners Ensuite Starboard: 2 x Proficient 8″ in-ceiling Speakers.
Other Zones: SpeakerCraft speakers with Crestron amps.
25 screens (excluding navigation screens) consisting of the following:
- Projection Design F12 high definition 1080p Projector.
- 26″ Aquavision flush-mount TVs.
- 55″, 46″, 40″, 32″, 22″ Samsung TVs.
- 10.2″ Clarion flip down screen with built in DVD player (for all Crew Cabin bunks).
Lutron lighting control system.
- Liquid Automation customised Google Earth interface: A 3D model of the yacht follows the position of the vessel in real-time. Using a touch panel, the user can virtually fly from the yacht to the surrounding area.
- Navigation instrumentation is relayed on the touch panels so the guests can see yacht information e.g. boat speed, wind speed, wind direction, water temp.
- Navigation sources are distributed over fibre via a 16 x 16 high definition Digital Media Matrix to the Pilothouse and Flybridge screens. Using fibre gives the matrix complete optical isolation from the DC powered screens.
- The stereo image of the Owner’s Cabin follows the left and right orientation of the rotating TV.
- The Crestron system will email Liquid Automation if a range of faults occur. For example, Crestron amps will tell us if any speaker has failed or if racks reach preset temperatures they will automatically shutdown and notify us.
- Global system mute on general alarm.
Photographer: Chris Lewis